April 12, 2021
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of April 12th.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
- Interior abatement work continues during the day and during the second shift evening hours. Podium levels are clear with clean air. Working on next several levels continuing up the building. Working on abatement and removal of select façade panels to support hoist install – two crews working from top down and bottom up.
- Trash and debris continues to be sent down the old elevator shafts inside the building. This activity is currently taking place between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- To support hoist installation, a special noise variance application has been approved by the City to use a crane on site for extended hours on Saturday, April 10th.
- Crane Set Up Near Building (sally port) off Spring Street
- Friday, April 9th – 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM crane setup
- Saturday, April 10th – 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM for panel removal
- Monday, April 12th – 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM crane dismantle
- Trucks will be staged in the parking lane on Second Street to unload material in the project’s permitted spaces.
- Two police details will maintain traffic flow.
- With the staging installed, the exterior concrete façade along the length of the hoist are being abated and removed to support the hoist operations. Panel removal is progressing to mid-tower. This activity will span through April.
- The hoist is operational within the podium levels.
- Temporary heaters are running inside the building and exhausting to the exterior, with verified minimal noise. With spring weather, heater use will come to a close.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday of each month and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for May 5th at 6:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.fortythorndike.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 866-8971 / email@example.com
For construction updates and FAQs, please visit: www.fortythorndike.com
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.